Connect with us

Sports

Nigerian Youngster Seals Permanent Exit From Swansea City

Published

on

Nigerian youngster Joel Asoro has sealed a permanent exit from Swansea City after joinning Swedish Allsvenskan side Djurgardens IF.

 

The 21-year-old forward has struggled for regular opportunities at the Liberty Stadium and spent time on loan with Eredivisie outfit Groningen and Serie A side Genoa over the past two years.

 

 

 

Djurgardens IF confirmed the signing of Asoro via their club official website and social media handle.

 

✍ Välkommen till Stockholms stolthet! pic.twitter.com/tka9Ch0ZRm

 

— Djurgården Fotboll (@DIF_Fotboll) February 8, 2021

 

Läs om vår nya nummer 🔟:https://t.co/15Ak2urRCupic.twitter.com/FeUMWHvaPg

 

— Djurgården Fotboll (@DIF_Fotboll) February 8, 2021

 

The Nigerian youngster said: “It felt like the right decision to say yes. I have had many friends who played in Djurgården and always had a good view of Bosse Andersson who has known me since I was little.“So it has felt like I have a connection to Djurgården and it has been with me that I will someday play here.“I said that if I was to move back to Sweden, Djurgården is the association that is closest to my heart, so it became an obvious choice.”He continued: “I want to be able to feel at home and play in a team that wants to build me up and where I for my part can be involved and build up the team.“I did not get the playing time I was hoping for in Genoa and it has of course been hard.“But I still have high ambitions with my football, so for me this was a very good plan to get home to Sweden and Djurgården to start again.”Asoro started his career with FK Haninge before a spell at IF Brommapojkarna, Sunderland, Swansea City, FC Groningen Genoa (loan).

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Anthony Joshua has signed the son of former world champion ahead of his pro debut

Published

on

Campbell Hatton, son of former world champion Ricky Hatton, has signed with Anthony Joshua’s management and communications team ahead of his pro debut.

The 19-year-old Manchester-based fighter is preparing to appear on the undercard for Alexander Povetkin vs Dillian Whyte 2 on March 6, live on Sky Sports Box Office, and his exciting career will now be guided by Joshua’s 258 MGT and leading communications agency SoapBox London.

Hatton joins 258’s stellar management roster that includes Anthony Joshua, Joshua Buatsi, Lawrence Okolie, Ramla Ali and Souleymane Cissokho.

 

“I am incredibly excited to be joining 258 Management & SoapBox for my pro career,” said Campbell Hatton.

 

“My dad has done a brilliant job at guiding me so far and I will continue to seek his advice as well as work in the gym with my uncle Matthew. I cannot wait for the first bell March 6.”

Campbell’s father and boxing manager Ricky said: “Campbell’s dream is to bring another world boxing title back to Manchester.

 

“The dream is obviously in Campbell’s hands and ultimately it’s down to him, but given time that’s what he’ll do.

 

“As his manager and his father my job is to get the best possible team behind him to give him the best chance possible. That’s what we’ve done and having 258 management and SoapBox on board is the last piece of the jigsaw. I’m absolutely delighted.”

 

Managing director of 258 Management Freddie Cunningham said: “We are delighted to welcome Campbell into the 258 stable.

“We have had our eye on him a while now, and it is an honour to guide this huge boxing name through the professional ranks. We have total belief in what Campbell can achieve both in and out the ring and cannot wait to get started.”

It has also been confirmed Campbell is to work with communications specialists SoapBox London, looking after his public relations and social media work.

 

SoapBox London co-owner Andy Bell said: “Campbell is one of the most exciting prospects in British sport. He comes from a place that understands exactly what it takes to reach the top and we passionately believe we can help him achieve his goals.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Manchester United duo were racially abused after Sheffield United defeat

Published

on

Man Utd duo Anthony Martial and Axel Tuanzebe racially abused on Instagram after 2-1 defeat;

United forward Martial played the full match at Old Trafford, while centre-back Tuanzebe was substituted in the 83rd minute of the 2-1 defeat after starting his first Premier League game of the season.

 

Following the game, abuse was aimed at the players’ Instagram accounts. A number of users posted racist comments and symbols on old photos. Tuanzebe was also targeted on Twitter.

 

Tuanzebe posted a video on his Instagram account on Thursday night with the caption: “My RACE My RELIGION My COLOUR=FOOTBALL”, in response to the abuse on his profile.

On Thursday morning, Manchester United said they were “disgusted” by the abuse and hope the “anonymous mindless idiots” are identified, while players including captain Harry Maguire and forward Marcus Rashford tweeted their support for Martial and Tuanzebe.

 

“Everyone at Manchester United is disgusted by the racial abuse received by players via social media after Wednesday night’s game,” a club statement read.

“We utterly condemn it and it is encouraging to see other fans condemn this on social media also.

 

“Manchester United has zero tolerance of any form of racism or discrimination and a long-standing commitment to campaigning against it through our All Red All Equal initiative.

 

“Identifying these anonymous mindless idiots remains problematic. We urge social media platforms and regulatory authorities to strengthen measures to prevent this kind of behaviour.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved Owned And Designed by Sir-Godwin

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com