Connect with us

News

Anthony Joshua has signed the son of former world champion ahead of his pro debut

Published

on

Campbell Hatton, son of former world champion Ricky Hatton, has signed with Anthony Joshua’s management and communications team ahead of his pro debut.

The 19-year-old Manchester-based fighter is preparing to appear on the undercard for Alexander Povetkin vs Dillian Whyte 2 on March 6, live on Sky Sports Box Office, and his exciting career will now be guided by Joshua’s 258 MGT and leading communications agency SoapBox London.

Hatton joins 258’s stellar management roster that includes Anthony Joshua, Joshua Buatsi, Lawrence Okolie, Ramla Ali and Souleymane Cissokho.

 

“I am incredibly excited to be joining 258 Management & SoapBox for my pro career,” said Campbell Hatton.

 

“My dad has done a brilliant job at guiding me so far and I will continue to seek his advice as well as work in the gym with my uncle Matthew. I cannot wait for the first bell March 6.”

Campbell’s father and boxing manager Ricky said: “Campbell’s dream is to bring another world boxing title back to Manchester.

 

“The dream is obviously in Campbell’s hands and ultimately it’s down to him, but given time that’s what he’ll do.

 

“As his manager and his father my job is to get the best possible team behind him to give him the best chance possible. That’s what we’ve done and having 258 management and SoapBox on board is the last piece of the jigsaw. I’m absolutely delighted.”

 

Managing director of 258 Management Freddie Cunningham said: “We are delighted to welcome Campbell into the 258 stable.

“We have had our eye on him a while now, and it is an honour to guide this huge boxing name through the professional ranks. We have total belief in what Campbell can achieve both in and out the ring and cannot wait to get started.”

It has also been confirmed Campbell is to work with communications specialists SoapBox London, looking after his public relations and social media work.

 

SoapBox London co-owner Andy Bell said: “Campbell is one of the most exciting prospects in British sport. He comes from a place that understands exactly what it takes to reach the top and we passionately believe we can help him achieve his goals.”

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

ICPC arraigns two FRSC officers for extorting motorists

Published

on

Kayode Oyero

The Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission has arraigned two officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps over alleged extortion of motorists.

The two officials, John Asegu and Otom Asueni, were brought before Honourable Justice H. Aprioku of the Rivers State High Court 11 sitting in Port Harcourt on two-count of extortion and gratification.

ICPC, according to a statement on Monday, told the court how the duo forcibly collected various sums of money totaling N3,500 from motorists as a “fee“ to allow the motorists pass their checkpoint along Port Harcourt-Ahoada expressway, even without being charged for any traffic offence.

 

The Commission also accused the defendants of using their position as public officers to confer undue advantage upon themselves by soliciting for, and accepting gratification. The defendants were arrested on the act after ICPC mounted a sting operation on them following intelligence

ICPC in a Charge No: PHC/3905ICPC/19 averred that the duo’s actions were contrary to and punishable under sections 8, 19, and 26 of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act, 2000, and if they are found guilty they shall on conviction, be liable to imprisonment for seven years without option of fine.

The accused persons pleaded not guilty to the charges and were granted them bail.

They were, however, remanded in prison because of their inability to meet up with the bail conditions.

 

The case was adjourned to the 26th of March, 2021 for commencement of trial.

 

 

Continue Reading

Education

NECO RESULT RELEASE

Published

on

RIVERS STATE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION

Press Release

The Rivers State Ministry of Education informs School Owners, Administrators, Parents and Guardians that the results of the 2020 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) have been released.

The Ministry enjoins all candidates who sat for the examination to visit their schools for collection.

The Ministry states that:
HENCEFORTH, Candidates seeking to register for SSCE must present original copy of their BECE certificate as a prerequisite for registration.

Candidates who have registered for the 2021 SSCE must present their BECE certificate before the completion of their registration.

Candidates seeking to benefit from the state government’s bankrolled UTME registration must also present original copy of their BECE certificates.

Public and Private Schools by this announcement must ensure students seeking to be admitted into SS1 to SS3 present original copy of their BECE certificates at the point of registration

The Ministry solicits the cooperation of all heads of schools to drive this course.

Schools can apply for the BECE certificates at rivemis.riversstate.gov.ng

Signed
Sir. Chidi Adiele
Permanent Secretary
Rivers State Ministry of Education

Continue Reading

News

Sunday Igboho storms Ogun, vows to flush out killer herdsmen

Published

on

A Yoruba rights activist, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho on Monday, stormed some parts of Ogun State and vowed to flush out killer herdsmen in the troubled areas in the state
Igboho, who stopped briefly in Abeokuta around 4pm and had a brief interaction with his supporters, later proceeded to Ketuland where some soldiers allegedly connived with herdsmen to flog some farmers for not allowing them grazing their cattle on their farms in Yewa-North Local Government Area of the state.

While addressing his followers in Abeokuta, the activist said, “I observe there is an injustice from the herdsmen because they know the power that they have in the Federal Government. So, they behave as if Yoruba people are nobody. They kill our people, they kidnap our people, and they rape our women.”
“Any Fulani herdsman who engages in kidnapping would be flushed out,” Igboho vowed.

When asked whether he would limit his activism to Igangan, his hometown in Oyo State, Igboho said, “Not only Igangan, we are going to visit all Yorubaland and ensure there is peace everywhere.”

The activist lauded the state governor, Dapo Abiodun, for allowing him in the state.

Appreciating the gesture, the activist said, “We have not visited the governor, we will do that after we have flushed the Fulani herdsmen out of the state.
“I am going to Yewa because that is where the Fulani are wreaking havoc.”

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved Owned And Designed by Gostloaded.com.ng